Monday, November 12, 2012

iStat Pro widget

So… iStat Pro used to be THE widget for macs. Sadly the devs have completely abandoned it. They have iStat Menus but… my menu bar is OVERFLOWING already. Plus, at 16 bucks its priced rather steep… biggest issue for me is that i want a widget, not yet another menu bar item… 

Well its not like there's major problems with the widget once you update to Mountain Lion. The only thing that broke for me is the processes not showing anymore… while trying to install that thing on my dad's machine i found guys in macrumor forums with fixes and all, and so i edit my widget… and bingo! Everything works for me now!

I uploaded the updated widget in the forum and on my MF account. Credits to the original creators bjango and all the guys at macforums for providing the fixes. 

NewImage

No more blank processes bar, hurrah! 

 

Edit: my MF account got closed so I've re-uploaded the file to Mega. Went back to check the thread, someone' uploaded a version of iStat Nano with all the stuff fixed too. Really surprised by all the replies to my post, didn’t think I'd see so many people thanking me for uploading the 'fixed' widget.

No comments: